wtorek, 7 marca 2017

A Fairy Tale Mind

Hi everyone, Melissa here with a small wall hanging for Mixed Media Warriors Design Team. I'm going to hang this on a wall in my scraproom, it'll look cute with all the other projects I've put up. 


I drew a rose using a photo from a book about flowers as a reference and put a little texture paste on top with a stencil.  To add visual interest I added a lot of embellishments around the edges: the white flowers are from a local scrapbooking store, the baby photo is from Pion, Grandma's Attic Papers. The stickers are from 7 Dots, the pink paint is Rambling Rose by Lindy's Stamp Gang.  The green is a mix of sap green and burnt umber from Winsor and Newton. The brown is Derwent Inktense Watercolor pencil.  I used micro beads, seed beads, a tiny brass lock by Vintaj,a little bird from Graphic 45, a rose from Bo Bunny, a fairy from an old Christmas card,tiny butterflies die cut from Sizzix, tiny Prima stamped butterflies, and the metal wing is from Hobby Lobby.




I used Rock Candy Crackle paint and brushed brown and pink on the dried surface of it, on top of some brown chalk.


I put gesso and then green paint on the white roses.

There are two layers of watercolor paper under the top one. On top of the second layer is tulle, under the bottom one is pink,then green ribbon. The crinkle ribbon is by Tim Holtz.


The little pigs are wood that I put crackle and paint on.

Thank you so much for looking, and have a great day!





2 komentarze:

Popularne posty